Christmas is upon us once more. We need to remember for anybody that is going to be out on the roads driving a car, and especially learners and provisional drivers, no alcohol or non-prescription drugs are allowed.
Driving tips for the festive season
- It is double demerit points throughout the Christmas break, so be aware, have a good time but if you want to drink organize a ride or catch a taxi it will be much cheaper in the long run.
- The police force would rather be home with their family and friends, but they took an oath to protect the general public, so if you do the wrong thing on the road be polite and learn from your mistake, remember it is not just you on the road and we need to keep our roads safe.
- Watch your speed, look for road signs, they are there to help you drive safely
- stop completely at stop signs for three seconds then proceeding when clear to do so.
- Don’t run the lights, if the lights turn orange you must stop if you can reasonable do so safely.
- Remember to indicate your intentions to turn the vehicle left or right and also to stop, makes life much easier all around for others to know your intentions.
- With a little bit of effort you can have a good time and keep your licence intact over the festive season.
So have A MERRY CHRISTMAS and a joyful NEW YEAR.